Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Come on, Irene...

So recently the area we live in has experienced several natural disasters. We missed one of them while we were on our cruise. (An earthquake that was 5.8 on the scale.) The second was the infamous Irene. She wasn't the kind of lady you want to mess with. Kind of like Tirzah...I can totally see there being a hurricane Tirzah.


Most of the city we live in lost power (about 75% was the number I heard...we were one of the very grateful and lucky ones who never actually lost our power. I am still doing a happy dance over that.) and there were trees down on houses and roads all over the city as well. I heard of several deaths in the area, too. So much damage was done, and so many people are hurting.


We were really blessed to not be effected at all, other than the have to eat Burger King for dinner. (The only open restaurant Billy could find during the hurricane) We even got to sit at home together all day and just enjoy each other's company. After the week away from the hooligans, I was both grateful for that, and reminded of how easily they wear a person out. The kids kept reporting to me that it was still "wind-in and rainin outside", and that the trees "leaf-es" were going to blow off.


I hope that everyone reading this is safe, as well as their property. I am continually thankful for all of the people we know coming through the storm with no physical harm. There are trees to deal with, and houses to patch up, food gone bad in not-so-cold-anymore refrigerators, but those are things we can deal with. We've been blessed, so we can in turn bless others. Come on over if you need a hot shower, some A/C, and an outlet or two!

The first shot is for Sweet Shot, Second is for Pulling My Mask Off, Third is for Communal Global.

No comments:

Post a Comment