Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our Trip to the Vet...I mean Pediatrician

Well...we had our 9 month check-up today for Merrick! (He is actually 9 1/2 months at this point) All is going well, other than the friendship between Merrick and his pediatrician. :) Merrick doesn't seem to appreciate the man who sticks things in his throat and ears...and pokes him in various places. Haha. Following Merrick's exam, and screaming fit on the exam table, we were sitting in the office talking with his Doctor, and Merrick was growling across the desk at him. Apparently we should take him to the vet next door instead of the pediatrician. I'm sure they see wild animals all the time, and maybe could even recommend some shots. :) The Doctor said he is growing well, but mentioned he's a little on the light side when it comes to his weight. He asked was Merrick really active...(Billy and I look at each other and crack up at this point, thinking active doesn't quite cover what Merrick is)...and says that is probably the reason. It surely isn't his eating habits...which involve eating everything he can get into his mouth. Whether edible or not. He's starting to eat table food at this point...and seems to love it. I think he's tired of his baby food...wondering why it kinda looks like cat food compared to what everyone else is eating. :) He got several shots today, and was our little tough guy, hardly crying at all. I think getting his shots done is harder on me than it is on him. He doesn't seem to mind much, and is rarely fussy afterwards. He's gone to bed now...he was pretty worn out from his battle with the Doctor. :) He's growing so fast...we're so thankful for every day with him!

No comments: