5K and 4 Doors
Usain Bolt has nothin on me. Just kidding...:) But I did run a 5K this Saturday with my little sister, Amanda. We both finished in 22:43, and were really excited about our time. She finished 1st in her age division, and I finished 3rd in mine! It was a fun race. Towards the end she started to sneak up on me, and it ended up being a full out sprint for the finish line. If anyone has ever seen me sprint, you might have thought I was sprinting in slow motion. I'm VERY slow...but LOVE to run longer distances. :) Amanda is much faster, so she would have passed me had I not been ahead of her to begin with. We ended up crossing right at the same time, only she was attacked by the chute at the finish line, so she had the sympathy of the crowd I think. :) Here are some pictures we took after the race!
Another piece of very exciting news for the Barron family: We got a new car! We sold Billy's truck (much faster than we had hoped!) and got a Dodge Caliber. We are so excited to have a vehicle with 4 doors. I was getting very tired of doing gymnastic trying to get Merrick into the back end of my 2 door Honda. :) I think Merrick appreciates not being launched into the car seat base in the backseat also. Here's a picture of our "Merrick-friendly" vehicle:
We are so excited that God allowed us to buy this car, and look forward to all the miles we'll be able to put on it together! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment