Monday, March 23, 2009

Naming Names...

Ok so we're narrowing it down to *most likely* one of 2 names for little lady. I like both of them very much (so does Billy), but both of us are leaning more towards one of the two. *Not telling which one* We are pretty much decided on a middle name I think. But at this point still not wanting to commit to anything, because we still have some time, and I'm still doing a bit of research to make sure I've found something that we think will best suit Miss Barron. They are both rather different, but meaningful to us. I wanted to share them with everybody/anybody who reads this, because I thought it would be fun to see what people would say when it's possible for their comments to be anonymous. I am pretty sure you won't hurt my feelings if you don't like either...my own mother makes faces at the names I chose for my children. :) And like I said, this is just for fun anyway, and we'll choose her name regardless of "popular opinion". No offense of course. :) I'm going to put up a poll on the sidebar...check it out! The 2 options thus far are...

Tirzah - meaning: pleasantness, delight
pronunciation: TEERzah
origin: Hebrew


Blythe - meaning: happy, joyous
pronunciation: Blithe
origin: English

4 comments:

Jennifer Strosnider said...

i voted for both... because i do like them both... but if i HAD to choose, i'd go with Tirzah. what's the middle name? that might make a difference too...
cute choices tho! :)

Anonymous said...

I like both of the names. She will less trouble with people mispronouncing Blythe, of course. I would love to know the middle name, to see how each sounds.

Unknown said...

Me, Cam, and Brit all vote Tirzah :) but they are both adorable!

Bunch of Barrons said...

The middle name I LOVE is Shea (pronounced "shay"). It def sounds better with Tirzah I think. If we went with Blythe I would probably choose a different middle name.