We're back! (Not that we really went anywhere, but I'm back from our "staycation") It was so nice to not have anything to do, anywhere to go, and to have Billy home every day to help carry that 20 pound 5 month old in his baby carrier...I mean to spend time with us. We even got to spend 2 nights kiddo free in a hotel (thanks to my parents) for my birthday/our anniversary. Our anniversary was yesterday, and it was our 7th. Cuh-razy. How is it we've been married that long, and have three children? Whoa.
They haven't always been easy years, or even fun. We have fought long and hard and often not-so-fair. But in the end, our Savior has been the glue that has kept us together. Loving each other, (and now these three kiddos) and making the renewed choice every day to serve and care for each other, is something we definitely can't claim to have done on our own.
I'm not one to make it easy on Billy. I'm a stubborn opinionated mess to be honest, most of the time. But I've promised to be his "ezer kenegdo". It's tattooed on my shoulder, and meant with all my heart. (It's from Genesis 2:18, and means: lifesaver beside (or against) him.) And a quote from a commentator I read describes it this way: "If he is worthy, she will be a lifesaver [ezer]. If he is not worthy she will be against him [kenegdo] for strife." Billy, I promise to save your life or kick your butt, whichever you need. Happy 7th anniversary, stud!
Check out more shots at Wordless Wednesday.
5 comments:
You are so beautiful :) I'm glad you went in front of the camera for once! And I love your new blog header!
Happy Anniversary:) Glad you were able to get away for a bit:)
And adorable header;) I love it;) And love the phrase;)
Happy Anniversary. I love the photo of the two of you. Your so pretty. That explains the cute kids. Lol..
Your daughter photo in your new header photo just makes me smile..
Hugs~
Great shots. Happy Birthday and Anniversary!!
I love your new header...three very cute kiddos! Happy Anniversary! SO jealous you guys "got away" sans kids...I bet that was awesome! Glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment