Monday, July 2, 2012

Cannonballs and Pool-Induced Comas

We've been having a bit of a heat wave the last several days here in Virginia (and lots of other places I'm sure). I looove the hot weather, but I know it's recently created several really intense thunderstorms in the area that have left a lot of people without electricity. Not fun anytime, much less fun when it's 100 degrees outside and you have no a/c. Thankfully we never lost power for more than several hours (one of the times it was overnight...so the kiddos didn't even notice) and have had the pool nearby to keep us cool.


The kiddos are becoming big-time fish this summer. Merrick has been spotted...*gasp*...going under the water on his own. I try not to push the kiddos too hard into these things...I figure with my gentle encouragement/support they will do these new things when they are ready. Sure enough, he decided it was time to go under the water like he sees daddy doing. He is also loving jumping into the pool. Preferably into Aunt Abba's arms...who often goes to the pool with us. No way I'm taking 3 kiddos to the pool alone when one of the kiddos has to be held the entire time and is kind of like trying to hold onto a fish. Babies are so slippery. But, I haven't lost one yet...try as they might to wiggle away.


Tirzah is pretty brave too as far as the water goes. She often face plants and ends up under the water...she's not the most graceful of little humans at this stage of her life. She just sputters and keeps going though. She prefers being launched across the pool (between me and her daddy) like a cannonball to actually jumping in.


So grateful for the warm sunshine, cool water, and the resulting exhausted hooligans. Nothing quite like that been-swimming-all-day sleep.


6 comments:

*Jess* said...

you are lucky to have a community pool nearby! We have to scam on our friends and neighbors who are lucky enough to have pools! :)

Tara said...

ooh I remember that I have been swimming all day feeling as a kid!! I definitely have a plan to wear my kiddos (future kiddos) out now!

Jessica said...

Love for the pool! The "goggles" shot is my fav. :-)

Unknown said...

So great they are staying cooled off! Love all these pics, but that second to last shot has me giggling over here! Too funny! And nothing like snoozin' kids. Aren't they just super sweet when they sleep? ;o)

Susan Anderson said...

Looks like great fun!

Do you ever use those little "swimmies" or "water wings"? My grandkids love those!

=)

Sommerfugl Design said...

Great shots. I really love the first one. Love the umbrella against the sky.