Me and another one of my sisters are the serious runners in the family (5 sisters, 1 brother), but our younger sisters have all recently done a great job of picking up running a little bit themselves. They all did really great at the race, and we had so much fun getting ridiculously messy together. It was good for me to not take running so seriously for a minute I think. ;)
Since "race" is a term I use very loosely for this event...they were serving funnel cakes and french fries. *gasp* Not a banana or a bagel in sight. Also not a timer, mile marker, or a Garmin...and hardly any runners in shorty-shorts. I only was twitching a little at the thought of running just 3 miles. It flew by, we were having so much fun. Me and Amanda (my sister who shares my "border collie" syndrome) joked about making a second loop, but got no takers on that one.
A few of our cousins also ran it with us, so that just added to the fun. My poor hubby was relegated to stroller/hooligan duty, and did a great job of keeping them clean until they spotted their aunties and needed to be held. I'm not sure if this race is going to be an annual event or not, but I can definitely see us making a habit out of this. Runner or not, this was a not-too-shabby way to spend a Saturday morning.
Check out more shots at Simple as That and Sunday Snapshot
The last shot is for The Paper Mama
3 comments:
That looks like a fun race! I had no idea you came from such a big family :) I am one of 5 kids myself.
OMGoodness...how fun is that!? Love it.
Sooo fun!! Did your shirt stay all awesome after you washed out? Can't wait until I am fit enough to do things like this :)
Post a Comment