Friday, August 30, 2013

Snickeling

At first glance, my title probably appears to be a typo. It's not...it's just another layer of the weird that is our every day life. Snickeling, by definition, is a combination of tickling, wrestling, and snuggling. It's usually done before bedtime, and never involves mommy. Mommy does not snickel. Daddy is the designated snickeler.

Occasionally, some people would rather play with light switches than snickel, however. This guy snuck off to his own little corner of the house and turned the kitchen lights on and off 792 times.


Some people are very ferocious when they snickel, as you can see from the above shot. Tirzah is the snickeling world champ, and has often brought her daddy and brother alike nearly to tears, but don't tell them I told.
Baby got snatched.

Here they are going in for the "sneak attack". They're SO-O-O sneaky. Ahem.
Meanwhile...he came wandering out of the bedroom like this. I think he was stuck, but then realized we were laughing so it was all good.
One great thing about snickeling, is it gives me about 3 minutes of peace (notice I didn't say quiet), and wears everyone out for bed. Including their daddy, who typically falls asleep on the couch afterwards. ;)

1 comment:

Tara O said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Finally a word for this. My husband does this as well. And I am with you...the mommy doesn't snickel. LOL. Great post!