I'm pretty glad we decided to do it. It was amazing to "see" her. (I think all babies tend to look a little bit the same in these ultrasounds, so I'm really not sure she'll look exactly like this.) It made it real in a totally different way than the usual kicking and wiggling and basic ultrasounds do. We felt a lot more connected to her, even though that sounds cheesy. Almost like we got to meet her a little bit early.
It was fun to watch her just doing her thing...which at first was holding her hands, AND a leg, in front of her face so we couldn't actually see her face. She's already learning stunts from her big brother, Jericho, who likes to show me the back of his head when I ask for a picture. We caught her yawning (above pic), sticking out her tongue, opening her eyes, and even sucking her thumb (pic below)! (Sidenote: We DID see her grab the cord and play with it...in the above picture you can see it right beside her face...so the doctor could have been right about that being the cause of the heart rate dips the other day. Baby girl needs to find a new toy...like one of those cute feet. But I guess as far as stuff to do goes...a baby does run out of things to play with in there. My apologies, kid.)I'm really glad we ended up doing this. It was fun for the kids to see her too...they are so excited about her being born. Honestly, as many times a day as they talk to/kiss my stomach I'm starting to have personal space issues. I didn't' even think that was possible at this point in my life. It is so sweet to watch them love her so much already, though, so I'll deal with having my space invaded in silence for a while longer.
We are in the single digits now with our weekly countdown. (Well...I'm 30 weeks...so there's less than 10 full weeks until my due date. I'm not anticipating making it that far, since Barron babies have a history of being early to the party.) I know this time will fly by, and I really hope so. (I'm miserable in the comfort department, y'all, but I'll keep that on the DL, cuz no one likes a whiner. ;) But at the same time, I plan to enjoy this time with no round-the-clock feedings, tiny diapers everywhere, and the freedom to do things with the big kids...even if the waddling slows us down a little.
2 comments:
I think she looks like jericho in the top picture :)
AWWWW!!! I love that she's sucking her thumb. I agree...she definitely needs to find another toy to play with.
Post a Comment