Friday, January 23, 2015

Who comes up with this stuff?

I've always wondered who in the world first said. "there is no use crying over spilled milk"? I mean, really. That person either never paid for milk, or never had to clean up that milk. It seems like cleaning up milk is one of my hobbies these days. I am trying desperately to let my kids be more independent. But that definitely comes with a side effect of mess.

This particular kid, however, is not on the list of those who are allowed to pour milk. He took it upon himself however. I came around the corner just as he was spilling it all over himself and the floor. I can't tell if he was trying to drink out of the jug or put it up on the counter. Either way, it made a fabulous mess and got his favorite batman jammies wet.
My next post might a second edition of this. Where I intellectually discuss why the saying, "sleeping like a baby", is also ridiculous.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

bless his heart! I cry over spilled milk, too, especially breast milk! That stuff is like gold!