Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My Biggest Baby Turns 4

 This big ol' baby just had his 4th birthday. It's always hard to believe how fast your kids grow...and this birthday for some reason was even crazier to me. They always say the days are long and the years are short, and the last four years have definitely been particularly short. (But oh the days...definitely some long days in there.)
This guy, as many people know, has always been a "big guy". People are continually surprised when I tell them he's only 4 years old. He may be a big guy, but he's still a baby in so many ways. He hates to sleep without a night light, he has to have his bedtime snuggles, he still calls me "lovie" instead of mom, he still needs a nap every single day or he will just fall asleep wherever he happens to be.
He is also notorious for being a "grumpy cat". He has had those grumpy eyebrows since he was in the hospital as a newborn, and he knows how to use them. But despite those grumpy eyebrows, he has such a big heart. He's the first to tell me, out of the blue, "I love you, lovie." He loves to snuggle. He loves to play with his little sister, and the two of them can often be found in her room, with him showing her how all of her little toys work.
I am so proud of this big little guy. I love watching him grow. I love everything from his big brown eyes to his adorable dimple. He stole my heart, all 9.2 pounds that he was, when I first heard the nurses say, before I even saw him, "he's a big baby!" I'm so proud to be his mama, and as much as I wish time would slow down, I love watching him grow. Happy 4th birthday, J Baby!

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

Happy Birthday big J!! :)

Tara O said...

AWWW. I can't believe he's 4!! Wow. Happy birthday to that sweet little guy.