Amaryllis has recently been following in her older sisters footsteps. She cannot get enough books. (It runs in the family, as her mama has always loved to read as well.) If she's ever quiet she's either 1) eating something out of the trash that she isn't supposed to have, or 2) sitting in her room in front of the bookshelf pulling out ALL the books and "reading" them.
She loves to sit and let people read to her as well. But she's very impatient, and typically won't let you actually finish reading the whole page before she turns it to the next one. And she will screech at you if you don't let her turn the page. I've read half of so many books recently. I feel like I'm really missing something...so much unfinished business.
Her older siblings have also started reading to her as well. Some of them like to read more than others, so often if I've read a particular kiddo book until I think I'm gonna lose my mind, I'll pass the torch on to one of the kids. Tirzah loves to read, and will sit and read to her for as long as Amaryllis will sit there. Amaryllis gets along better with Merrick, however, so the length of time Amaryllis will sit with Tirzah is relatively shorter. ;) Girl drama already, ladies? Ain't no body got time for that.
I love watching her get so enthralled by books, and love how she calls them "bookies". Reading has always been something that I loved, and I know it's something that, should she continue to love it, will be a great hobby and teach her so much. Now if we could just get her that excited about playing nicely with other children...







1 comment:
so sweet :)
Post a Comment