Sunday, November 23, 2008

My address??? Oh its the ER.

It seems to me that I've spent quite a bit of time in hospitals, or Emergency Rooms...since Merrick Wilder happened. Granted they haven't all been his fault. :) When he was born, we stayed in the hospital for an entire week because little man had jaundice and was a funny shade of orange. :/ They wouldn't let us leave, although I did try. Then my husband broke his leg a few months later, and I had the pleasure of my first trip in an ambulance. The next incident I didn't actually have to go to the ER, but Billy did. This time he cut his thumb open changing lawn mower blades. This last incident was my sister's boyfriend, Cam. We were playing dodgeball yet again at youth group (how Billy ended up in an ambulance with a broken leg) and Cam took a kickball right in the eye. At first all seemed ok, but then we noticed his iris was turning red (yes that would be blood...ah!) and decided that probably was the end of dodgeball at youth group, and the start of our next trip to the ER. Cam is fine by the way...other than some eyedrop trauma. :) *deep breath* I thought I was in the clear and moving on...I told the men in my life to stop being goofy and pulling stunts. They don't listen. Today the guys at church were playing football (to my relief they settled for 2 hand touch...BUT couldn't resist and ended up playing all out tackle at the end) when one of the kids tackled his twin brother. That's when I heard it..."Honey we need to go to the hospital." My reaction: "WHAT?!" The kid who was tackled was laying on the ground with, what was thought at the time, to be a broken arm. I am a panicker.. But surprisingly in these crazy situations God has kept me from turning into a screaming mess. (I'm like one of those ladies in the old movies who has to be slapped back from hysteria...no kidding.) I calmly walk over to figure out if this trip is REALLY necessary. After some examination we realize that it's not broken, but could have been dislocated and relocated...not sure. So the game comes to a screeching halt and we decide to give it some time to see if it's ok. I find out after girl's discipleship that the guy's dad came and took him (yes you guessed it) to the ER. I am not sure the outcome of that trip just yet...but am hoping no news is good news. Maybe I could get the guys in my life interested in playing cards? Someone I think even that would turn into tackle. Feel free to slap me anytime. :)

No comments: