Saturday, November 29, 2008

Time for Turkey...and Tennis Shoes

Thanksgiving/Christmas are my favorite times of the year, and as much as I hate to see Thanksgiving gone for another year, I'm thrilled that Christmas is on the way! I started playing Christmas tunes Friday, much to Billy's dismay. :) We had Thanksgiving at Mom and Dad's house this year, with all of Mom's extended family. It was a full house as always, and was so much fun. We celebrate on Wednesday, so we get to have dinner twice before all is said and done. It's nice to just relax and heat up some leftovers with everyone on the actual holiday. Wednesday Merrick also started officially "walking"! He had taken maybe 2 or 3 steps at a time before, but now is taking more like 6 to 10 at a time, and doing it all by himself! He still exhibits his stubborn streak, however, and most likely will not walk for an audience, or when I'm trying to get him to show off his new skills. (If for no reason other than to make people think I have really lost it this time...haha) I did manage to catch him on video...so here goes:

We are so proud of him...and decided maybe it was time to get our little redneck to wear some shoes. We braved Black Friday and went shoe shopping...and he hates them. :) He acts like someone wearing flippers when we put them on his feet. Sorry, son, but you've gotta get used to these things. Restaurants won't take kindly to a grown man without shoes. :) Hopefully this will get better soon! We hope that each of you had a blessed holiday...we're thankful for each of your friendship! Here are a few pictures from Thanksgiving day at Mom's, also:

No comments: