As you all may have noticed from our son's name, Merrick Wilder, I kind of have a flare for different *yet meaningful* names. Not sure where it comes from. I think I've always liked how different my name is, and that I never knew anyone else who had my name exactly. *I know some people give their little ones names that have you wondering if maybe that was the epidural talking. ;) I'm not talking about that different, but just unique enough to make you feel special.* I love to know the meaning of names...Merrick means "fame rule", and Wilder just sounded tough and masculine to us. I've been thinking about names again over the last week, since we found out we are having a little pink bundle this time around. I loved picking out Merrick's name, and took it very seriously. I didn't realize what a big responsibility it was, but how much fun it would be as well. I love his name, and can't imagine it being anything else. I'm not sure everyone is sold on my name-picking skills, though. Haha. People always ask me if I made it up, or if it's a family name. No to both of those. :) I think some people probably are cringing *ahem...my mother* wondering what we'll name this baby. (She tried to convince me right up until he was born to pick something else, but I think has finally grown to like it.) I already have a good idea, but am not settling just yet. ;) We have talked about keeping her name a secret until she is born...but I'm not sure about that yet either. We'll keep you posted. ;) In the mean-time I wanted to take a little poll and see how you would pick a name, just for fun. It's on the sidebar of my blog, so here goes!
*For those of you who might be reading this blogger post via Facebook (our blog uploads my posts as notes onto Facebook) if you click "View Original Post" at the bottom of this note you can go to our blog and look around/take the poll. Hope you'll do it; I'm curious to see how this turns out! :) Thanks for humoring me!
3 comments:
I voted "both", though with Emily it was more based on sound, I guess. And although it is supposedly a popular name, I've hardly ever known any Emily's...my age or Emmy's. I just thought it had that feminine, girly sound, which I loved the thought of, and it sounded great with my middle name, which is her middle name! Anyway...I've blabbed on, but anyway, I love her name! And there's nothing wrong with your son's name, and I'm sure your daughter's will be beautiful, too! Love you!
I want to vote! I dont see a poll though :-/
Aw sorry Rach! I only had it set up to stay open for like a week or so. :( So once it closed I took it off...most people voted for *Both* though.
Post a Comment