Saturday, February 5, 2011

A very useful engine...

"Thomas the Tank Engine rolling along..." These words have become embedded in my head so far that I think I'll still be singing them in the nursing home one day. Merrick is madly in love with Thomas the Train...he literally sleeps with three plastic trains. (Thomas, Gordon, and James)
We found out recently that Thomas and Friends Live was coming to near where we lived. We love him so much that we decided to fork over some major dough and go watch Thomas sing and dance...you know that's love. All kidding aside, watching the look on his face was totally worth it.
Speaking of the look on his face, it would have been better documented had I remembered my memory card. Brought the camera, the camera bag, but no memory card. Where was it? At home, in my computer. But I am glad I caught the look on his face when he got eaten by the folding chairs. ;)
I did not realize that apparently every other child in our area is also madly in love with Thomas and all his friends. So many other yelling, screaming, train-whistle-imitating children that even mine seemed quiet. They even had these little flashlights with Thomas on them for the kids to wave around. Kind of reminded me of waving your lighter or cell phone, only it cost $12 to wave around. But he's still waving it around, whacking his sister in the head, losing it in stores, so I guess we are getting our money's worth.

We took him afterward to get some ice cream...since beforehand we were in a hurry and he didn't get his usual Chick-fil-a/trade-your-toy-in ice cream. That, as we now know, is one of the unforgivable sins. Thou shalt not go to CFA and forget your ice cream. We did have a great time hanging out with just him...even though I still can't stop singing "chug-a-chugga...whoo-whooooo!"

No comments: