Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Not your average...

...headboard. But I am SO excited about this piece of "junk" we found at a local consignment shop. I posted about it earlier, and how we've been fixing it up. Billy finished painting it yesterday afternoon, and we put it up in our room last night. I am very excited about the different look it gives to our room, as opposed to the traditional headboard we had before.


Also, again, I'd like to take this moment to thank Pinterest for giving me ideas when I am suffering from preggo brain and can barely remember my name much less come up with cute decorating ideas for our home. All the ideas on there, everything from recipes to home projects, are so much fun to look over and fantasize about one day actually accomplishing.


Fixing it up has been somewhat of a chore. It's huge, and weighs a ton, and was covered in chipping paint that we wanted to kind of salvage because we liked the look of it. It's been residing everywhere from my living room to the back deck during the process. One afternoon it was on the deck and it started to rain. I was home alone at the time, and my pregnant self had to drag it into the house. Not a pretty sight.


But now it's finished and has found a new home in my room. (I'll put up some pics of that at some point later too...it was in the process while I was writing this) Now I probably need to find another project for Billy to work on really quick before he gets tired of all this crafty stuff I've been forcing him to do lately.

The first shot is for Perceptive Perspectives, and the last is for Sweet Shot.

No comments: