Sunday, October 2, 2011

Small

There is something about the crisp fall air, the simple clear beauty of the expanse of blue overhead, my kids holding my hands and hearing them call me "mama", that tugs at my heart and reminds me from where all these things come.


Standing at the fair this past weekend surrounded by the busy happy crowd, holding hands with my favorite little people and feeling the enthusiastic kicking of the son I've yet to meet, I am reminded of my smallness. And this reminder practically knocks me over with gratitude.

Check out more shots at Scripture and a Snapshot and Paper Heart Camera.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post.. And photo..

Katie said...

Fantastic and gorgeous sky! God has such beautiful ways of humbling us. :)

Lish @ Imprintalish said...

I love this, I am such a sucker for Ferris Wheel pics. Maybe becuase that is the only ride I will go on at the fair?!

Christina Klas said...

I love the photo and the thought just below us. It's so good to remember how small we are in the perspective of God's massive glory! :)

Robin Lynn said...

I love this verse and I love that in the busiest, craziest moments God proclaims himself ... all we have to do is look and listen. Thanks for capturing the moment! love your 'point of view'!

Cedar said...

Beautiful photo and what a lovely moment you shared!