I am telling ya. This has been the WEIRDEST summer weather I've ever seen. I don't think I've broken a sweat yet (ok. kidding about that.) and my yard is a huge mud puddle/mosquito breeding ground. It's so damp out there. I don't think damp and summer are typically synonymous, but what do I know?
I have enjoyed playing outside with the kiddos the last day or so, however. Not because I'm enjoying the chill, but because I'm enjoying that they aren't complaining about the heat. They are hot weather wimps, those babies of mine. My mom sent us outside and didn't care if we fried like eggs on the driveway...we weren't getting back in the house. That'll make a man out of you. (Or at least a future mom who has little patience for hooligans who don't like to sweat a little.)
I'm maybe exaggerating a TINY bit about mom, (sorry, Mom!) but my kids do not like to be too hot. 15 minutes outside and they are dying of thirst (despite the 5 trips they've already had to get a drink from the fridge) and dragging themselves to the shade where they fight like rabid animals over their territory. It's kind of hilarious, and kind of ridiculous. All that to say, I think Fall will be good for my sanity. (I never thought I'd say those words. Motherhood makes you do crazy things.)
Just don't go TOO far with the chill, August-with-the-identity-crisis, cuz when I start having to make them wear jackets they're a whole different kind of rabid animal.










3 comments:
it is 72 right here right now. Crazy Summer Weather! Who knows what the Fall will do in the South this year?
Fall will be here before you know it. YIKES.. Love your photos..
Hugs~
such gorgeous photos! Your kids are too cute!
Post a Comment