Merrick is the biggest brother around here. As the oldest kiddo he gets a lot of responsibility, and is typically a big help to me. Sometimes I have to ask him to help, and other times I just look up and catch him helping out. It's the sweetest thing, and make me feel like all my yapping about "have each other's backs" at my kids is getting through at least a little bit.
The other day Amaryllis had gone to get her 2 month vaccines. She was doing fine, just a little tired. But when Merrick heard that she'd gotten shots he went upstairs, got his beloved "Bear" that has slept with him since we was a baby, and snuggled it next to Amaryllis so she would "feel better". Be still my heart.
I love watching them take care of each other. I hope and pray that I can raise them to be best friends who genuinely care about each other. There are days when they fight like a pack of wild dogs, but at the same time I think they wouldn't know what to do if they didn't have each other to fight with...and for.



1 comment:
sweetness :)
Post a Comment