Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Stress-Induced Laughter

There are so many stressful moments during any given day around here. Four kiddos deep, there's gotta be some stress. But they also make me laugh...so hard. Harder than I've probably ever laughed. Sometimes they are trying to be funny...but most of the time its just them, discovering the world around them and being absolutely hilarious in the process.
Jericho is talking so much more these days. Granted its still hard for the outsider to understand, but he's improving with his speech all the time. I love listening to him jabber...and the way he says things is so hysterically cute. In the above pic, I was working on something and heard him saying, "I seeeee you," while he was staring at me through his pretzels.
I found those two having a snack. Laying on the cold, probably dirty, mud room floor. I mean, not where I'd choose to have a snack, but whatever floats your boat.
We surprised the kids with Sweet Frog the other night. They LOVE sweet frog...they always get a little ice cream to go with their cup full of toppings. And they get the most disgusting, random assortment of toppings I've ever seen. Everything from strawberries to cereal to oreos. Merrick was upset with Tirzah, though, because of her lack of mustache. He seems to think you can't be enjoying your ice cream unless its all over your face.
But first...let me take a selfie. I found this "selfie" of my 6 year old on my phone the other day. If that doesn't make you laugh and spit your morning coffee out I don't know what will.
And they also make me laugh (and occasionally want to cry) during school. We were working on our math for the day, and I look over and Merrick has repurposed his Math-U-See manipulatives into Wolverine claws. I didn't know whether to roll my eyes at his obvious aversion to math, or be glad he is using his imagination. So I laughed and took a picture. And then to balance out the laughing with some stress, Jericho promptly jumped off the couch and landed flat on his butt and cried for 5 minutes.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

I always say, "Thank goodness they are cute!" when my kids make me shake my head at their antics :)