Monday, March 23, 2015

Just a trim?

We are always getting Jericho and Merrick haircuts. Their hair grows super fast and is really thick. Jericho is like a sheepdog, and his hair grows straight down into his eyeballs...so he gets haircuts even more frequently than Merrick, whose hair miraculously stays out of his eyes.

Tirzah is often asking to get a haircut, just because it must be fun if her brothers are doing it. The thing is, her hair is not like her brothers' hair. It grows incredibly slow and is really thin. It's about 593 different lengths. I've done all kinds of things to encourage it to grow. We trimmed it all up, gave her vitamins, stopped putting it up in hair ties so that it wouldn't break off easily. Still...it just didnt seem to grow very fast. (If anyone has any thoughts on this feel free to chime in. Her doctor doesnt seem worried, but sometimes I just wonder if I'm missing something?)

It's recently grown/thickened up a teeny bit. When we were having Jericho's hair cut one of the stylists suggested we try trimming it all up again to make sure the ends were healthy and giving it a chance to grow. I didn't want to cut it...it's taken SO long to get any length to it at all. BUT I want to be sure we are doing what we can to help it grow. I took her in to have it trimmed, and we ended up deciding to just trim the whole thing so it was finally the same length. (I don't think this has ever happened in the history of Tirzah Shae.)

At first I was thinking this is not a good idea. But it turned out so adorable on her. She loves it, and I made sure to ask her what she wanted before we cut it. She looks way more grown up, and I do think it helps it look a bit thicker and fuller. (She also was blessed with some cuh-razy cowlicks in the front AND the back, and her hair wants to part on both sides of her head. As you can see...Tirzah's hair is also a drama queen. Bless her heart dealing with that head of hair and its schizophrenia as a teenage girl. I'm sure there will be tears of Shae.) Here's to hoping this helps it grow...but I'm definitely ok with her not growing quite so fast.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

I think it looks perfect!

For what its worth, I don't think you are missing anything. I have had several friends over the years with hair just like hers or now have kids with the same problem. My poor friend Ruth... had 3 sisters with hair down to their bottoms. Her hair? Refused to grow past her shoulders. Period. Even with no hair cuts which seems scientifically impossible.