Thursday, May 14, 2015

"Brinklers"

Spring has really started warming up (as in, it went from chilly to 80 degrees overnight) and it's been great for getting outside with the hooligans. We spent probably 10 hours at the playground last week, and went again earlier this week, and then spent some time at the fountains at one of the local malls. This place is SO much fun. It's almost better than the pool. (There is a bench for me to sit on in the shade...if I happen to get a chance to "sit", no one can fall in, and there is no adult swim. Perfect!)
All of the hooligans were big fans...even Fancy Pants. I don't have a swimsuit for her yet, but I pushed her little stroller right up next to the fountain so she was close enough to put her chubby little fingers in the water. It kept her entertained for the entire time we were there. She didn't even mind the occasional sprinkling from her siblings. (Which was always very much intentional.)
Oh, Jericho...bless his bad behind. He loves to ruin photo ops.  I mean, I guess it depends on what "ruin" is...so I guess I should be glad at least he's in the picture? He definitely makes in known he does not want to be involved in documenting these memories I love so much. (We later tried to get a video of all the hooligans holding hands and running through the fountain...he veered off at the last minute and ran AROUND the fountain. Every time. I finally just decided that's the stuff memories are made of...and comforted myself knowing it will come back to bite him one day when these are a slide show at his wedding. ;) #momwins) He couldn't quite get the word sprinkler right, so he called them the "brinklers".
There's that chubby hand I was talking about...it's just about too much to handle. She was so intent on grabbing that water, and couldn't ever figure out where it was going. It's kind of like a cat chasing a laser pointer. Endless hours of entertainment for me and for her.
And of course, no trip anywhere is complete until someone climbs something that wasn't really meant to be climbed. Another reason this might be better than the pool. No lifeguard whistles. 

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

I agree, splash pads are awesome! I can't wait until our town's opens on Memorial Day!!