Monday, May 18, 2015

Surprise Supper

Recently, our two oldest hooligans made a very personal decision to become Christ-followers. It was the biggest decision they've ever made, or will make, and one that I was thrilled to see happen. Billy and I have spent the last 7 and 5 years talking and sharing with them about what we believe and Who we believe in, but have both made a point to allow the decision to be theirs alone. I wanted it to be something they took ownership of, and am so thankful that they chose to follow Christ for themselves.

On that note, occasionally Merrick will go into "big class", as he calls it, with us at church instead of his class. *Tirzah likes to be more involved and loves crafts and papers, so she always opts to learn in her own class. ;)* This past Sunday we happened to be taking communion. It was a happy coincidence that he was able to take participate in his first Lord's Supper with us, and we were able to teach him even more about God's love for him through this symbolic tradition.
Merrick has such a sweet heart, and I love the times he's in church with me. While some of the time he's playing games on my phone, other times I see him listening, and singing. He stands beside me on his chair and pats me on the back, asks me his little boy questions, and grows up as I sit here and watch. I am thankful that he's made the most meaningful decision he can make in this growing up business, and that I was able to be a small part of it. 

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

I'm so glad you let your kids decide for themselves. I think that's so important