As a mom, I'm always needing a break. I am at people's beck and call 24/7...so it gets overwhelming at times, even as much as I love it. I really feel like there are days when I think if I deal with one more whiner, one more tattler, one more mess-maker, one more pouter, one more awake in the middle of the nighter...I'm just gonna lose it. Some days I do lose it. But everyday I wouldn't trade it for anything. That said, I'm kinda tired. Like I say with working out: "it's a good hurt". Being a mom is "a good tired", but tired nonetheless.
That break I'm always asking for is actually happening this week. I'm headed to the beach for a week with some long time best pals of mine. We did this three years ago, and have since added several more babies/job changes/moves to that "we need a break". We have all been looking forward to this, and counting down the days, for a long time now. But now that it's here...I, of course, find myself missing the kids within seconds of pulling out of the driveway. I know, I've been asking for it...but it's never easy to be away from them even though I know it's needed for my sake and theirs.
When you find your life's calling, it's not something that is always puppies and butterflies and 1950's sitcoms. Raising a family is hard, messy, chaotic work. With any job you still feel the weight of that responsibility even when you're not in the office. I know that I'll be thinking of the kids the entire time I'm away, hoping they are safe and happy and behaving themselves. I'll be so ready to get back to them, but not the piles of laundry and messes that come with them, by the end of the week. But I hope to come back to the "office" refreshed and ready to hustle. These guys deserve my best, and I'm so blessed to be able to do the work that I love. But for now, mama is outta here. Catch you guys next week! ;)
1 comment:
I cannot wait to see pictures! and try not to worry or think about the kids when you are gone.
Post a Comment