Monday, September 21, 2015

Baby Blessing Squared

There is nothing quite like a brand new baby. Well...except maybe TWO brand new babies. Oh my goodness y'all, I am such a proud "auntie" right now. One of my best friends in the whole world (we've been friend since high school, and were college roommates as well) recently had baby boy twins. We have the type of friendship that isn't affected by life's busy seasons, and the flex of change and growth, or even separate countries now and then. We both have been through crazy times where it's harder to stay in touch, but are always able to come back right where we left off. That understanding and flexibility is something I've always appreciated and loved. I'm glad we get to share this new phase together as well!



I may be a little bit biased, cuz they are practically family to me, but they are SO gorgeous. I was so thrilled to be able to take a few pictures of them in the hospital, and snuggle them for a little while. I am so excited for their parents, and for the future that I know from experience will be filled with sleepless nights, inexpressible joy, heart-stretching love, frustration, and growth. There is nothing like being a parent...and these two are going to rock it. They are such awesome people, and so deserving of these blessings that have been brought into their lives. Raising kids is one of those things you can't really explain...it's so much bigger than you...and I'm so glad that they are going to get to experience it.


I can't wait to watch these two little men grow up. I hope that there are lots of play dates in our future. (You hear that, Ellen? These guys better be at my house a lot once they don't need mama every couple hours! ;) I'm happy to give you a break and I know several -or four- hooligans who would love it!) They have such a bright future, and I know how loved and wanted they are. Grow well, baby boys...you are two very special people and I'm glad to know you and your parents!


1 comment:

*Jess* said...

those new babies are gorgeous! Congratulations to your friend!