We officially started back to school today! (That exclamation point is serving to try and convince me that I'm excited. I love homeschooling my kids, don't get me wrong. It's just overwhelming to say the least especially in the first few days before you find that routine again, and I do so enjoy the summers where we don't have much we HAVE to do.) I'm kind of brain-fried at the moment and still need to take 4 kids to the library and to buy school supplies...so this blog might mostly be pictures of what the hooligans look like on this first day of school. Trust me, there's no fancy chalkboard signs or people with their hair actually brushed in this blog post. I mean, in theory I see myself actually doing those things, but let's be real here. Making sure everyone is still alive and smiling at the end of the day is key.
We had a good start...the hooligans were excited and eager to see what we would be doing. (I know this will wear off, but I'll take it.) Tirzah was up and dressed at 7am, and had already fixed everyone breakfast in anticipation of starting school as soon as possible. She's my little nerd, and I'm really proud of it. Merrick was even excited today, and Jericho wanted some school as well. I'll probably try and do a little informal preschool with him and see how he likes it. He really has two more years before Kindergarten starts...but if he's asking I wont say no. Caveman is his first language, so we might need two years to get ready for Kindergarten. ;)
We are now off to the library (which I should have done last week, but ya know, I was in denial and just didnt want to prepare and spend my last week of official "summer" inside reading over curriculum) to collect some books that Amaryllis will hopefully not lose or eat. At this point we will probably try to do school whenever she naps, cuz we all know she runs this place and when she is awake her subjects (the older hooligans) can't really do much else besides laugh at her and tell me everything she needs and wants. (Mom, Amaryllis needs a snack. Mom, Amaryllis needs her diaper changed. Mom, Amaryllis wants to eat these crayons. Mom, can Amaryllis use your iPhone? -Um negative on that last one. Oh, and the crayons, of course.)
Hope that everyone else had a great day back to school as well, and no crayons or library books were ingested.











1 comment:
I hope you guys have a great year!! :)
Post a Comment