I always see parents posting about it being spirit week at their kids' school. They dress up in all kinds of crazy outfits with different themes. I realized, seeing these pictures, that must be what my kids are going for on a daily basis. Spirit week...let's just go with that.
They rarely show up to breakfast in the morning not wearing something ridiculous. We all know about Tirzah's outfit choices. While the boys typically start their day dressed as some type of superhero. (Halloween not necessary.) The other day they all went to the gym in their halloween costumes. I don't even think I noticed until we were halfway to the gym, and even at that point I decided I didnt really care. Yolo, right? I figure the day will come when it's not acceptable to go out in public dressed as Cinderella...today is not that day for the hooligans.
I guess I've just decided it's best to appreciate the fact that they are trying to add a little "spirit" into my week. The weeks get long (but somehow still so fast) as a homeschooling mom. It's hard work, being with kids all day...even though it's what I choose to do and enjoy. I am more excited for Fridays and the weekend now than I was when it was me in school. (And I never would have thought that I would be looking for excuses to get out of the house and see people. But I guess that's what being a SAHM does to even an introvert.) But my life would be way more bland if it weren't for the hooligans filling my weeks with shenanigans...and they always dress the part.

No comments:
Post a Comment