Thursday, March 31, 2016

Time Flies When You...Have Kids.

 It seems like just yesterday I took the obligatory "Easter outfit" shots of my kids last year. I can't believe it's been a whole year, and how much they've all grown and changed since then. They say time flies when you're having fun, and I feel like it flies by a little bit faster for each kid you add to the mix. So me living life probably kind of looks like someone who accidentally turned the speed on the treadmill up too far, and is trying to hold and and not fly off the back. ;)


Time definitely does seem to go even faster as you get older and busier. I remember thinking how sad I was that it was Winter again, and wondering how I was going to make it in one piece through another school year. Here we are again and it's already Spring, and we are about 6 weeks away from finishing school for the year. I can't believe it, honestly. (That we are making it through another school year, mostly. I always figured spring would happen again eventually.)


These goofballs really are everything to me. They wear me slap out, and are most of the reason for any and all insanity that I don't remember having before they showed up, but I don't know what I would do without them. I'd rather have this life, flying by holding on for dear life wishing someone would turn down the treadmill, than do anything slower paced without them. Sure, they make things normal people do way more complicated...forget just "hanging out" or a quick get together with friends. Need a few things from the store? Prepare for certain shenanigans that will make you not want to shop again. There is laundry in every crack of this house. Right beside the cheez-it crumbs. But their souls are a part of my heart, and I will take on all the extra work and lose all the extra sleep just to soak up life with them, flying by way faster than I'd like.



1 comment:

*Jess* said...

Where did your baby go?? She's such a little girl now!