Monday, April 11, 2016

The Week Fancy Pants Had a Cold

This past week was pretty much kind of a nightmare in terms of dealing with one fancy baby. She has been fancy since the beginning. Pretty much 3 days after she was born she started with her acid reflux shenanigans, (I realize I say "shenanigans" a lot, but that's because there are a lot of them around here. Try to understand.) and she has continued to be one high maintenance little ferocious beast ever since. I say ferocious beast in the most loving of ways...as only a mother can love a ferocious beast.


She really does make us laugh, and we wouldn't trade her for the world, but she was off the charts this past week. I typically just roll with the punches when it comes to my kids. They fight, they whine, they tattle, they fall off of everything, they let Amaryllis out of her stroller during my soccer games (when I can only yell at them from across the field and hope she doesn't wander off), they climb things they shouldn't during my football games AND my soccer games (noticed Tirzah climbing the side of a building during soccer and ALL of them climbing a giant soccer goal during football) they try to eat cheez-its for every meal, etc. But she cried pretty much from Tuesday night through Sunday morning. She cried when she should be napping. She cried at 4 am. She's actually crying right now and I'm just hoping my ears will stop working momentarily.


Don't get me wrong, I feel really bad the she has a cold. But for the love...it's a cold. Can we please move on, dearest fancy child? I will give you tylenol or cough syrup or ice cream or rub essential oils on your chubby little baby feet or whatever you want, but please can we stop crying? Thankfully she seems to be on the mend and getting better, but as far as colds go that one was a few notches above the infamous "man cold" we've all heard of. This fancy baby does everything she can to make sure there is no losing her in the shuffle or the rolling with the punches she throws. I am Amaryllis, hear me roar. Or growl. Or whatever is the word of the day.


As we start this new week, I'm hoping I can label it something like "the week Amaryllis decided to get some chill", or "the week no one spilled all their food everyday", or there's also "the week my kids decided whining was so 2015". A girl can hope.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

Thank God she's cute, right??