Thursday, June 16, 2016

Long Time No See

Y'all...you have no idea how many times "blog" was on my to-do list. (Also...I wrote that sentence 20 minutes ago and keep getting interrupted. My life is kind of a circus at the moment, but you know that whole story.) I had visions of doing a catch up blog where I bring you up to speed on said circus, but honestly it's a lot of the same old stuff, just at seemingly hyper-speed. Billy continues to work 85+ hours per week at this point, and I'm a single mom of sorts for the time being. It's a busy season, and I hate that this has fallen to the wayside because it's always been my way of documenting my kids childhoods and our lives, but I'm not going to let myself feel guilty about that at the moment. Stay back, mom guilt. Literally, ain't nobody got time for that.

We are finished up with school (thankfully we have been for about a month or so...which has been a huge relief for me) right now. Currently in the middle of baseball season for Merrick. We are LOVING the fact that summer is here and the splash parks are open! Billy had an important "interview/review/something-or-another" about a week ago, which will hopefully lead to the promotion that means he can get back to working just one job. Tirzah lost another tooth. Amaryllis is going to be 2 in about a month. I have piles of laundry to do no matter how much laundry I do. The kids have their pool set up on the back deck so my entire life and house are wet most of the time. I think that about covers it? Maybe?

Pretty much the only thing I've been good at staying on top of recently is snapchat. (I know, really important stuff, right?) But hey, it entertains my kids and some of the filters cover up the dark circles under my eyes...so I call that a win-win. So for now, as my lame excuse for playing catch-up, I will leave you with many many and too many snaps from the last couple of weeks. They do kind of tell their own story. Plus you can just assume shenanigans in reference to what's been up in my life...and you'll most likely be right on that anyway. ;)















No comments: