Monday, January 26, 2009
Not Good-Bye...
So many of you may already know that my mom's youngest sister, Leigh, passed away Sunday afternoon. She was only 47, and it was a huge shock to all of us. She had dealt with epilepsy and some heart problems throughout her life, and at this point they are leaning towards the cause of death being atherosclerosis. No one has been able to give us a definite answer at this point, but we all have peace in the fact that where she is right now, with her Savior. And she's not worried about epilepsy and heart conditions anymore. I know when someone passes away, people often gush about what a great person they were. I think she'd want people to know she was stubborn as a mule, and was awful at remembering people's names. :) She was a bear if you woke her up before noon, unless she had to be at work. But she was one of the most amazing givers I've ever met. If she happened to find out something that you liked, you were gonna get it. And she'd never forget what you liked either. She was this way with all her friends and family. She may not have remember names, but remembered the things that were important to the people that she cared about. She loved to hang out, laugh, and make people laugh. She loved eating cheese-fries from Outback, going to football games, playing racquetball, taking pictures, and laying out until she was toasted. She was truly one of a kind...and we'll all miss her. But we know it's only for a little while. Can't wait to see you again, Leigh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel for your family, but it always makes it so much easier when we're able to trust that they're in heaven and we'll see them again one day! And as you seem to be doing, it's better to celebrate the life they lived than to mourn their loss (though it has it's place). I love you and your family will continue to be in my prayers. How are your mom and everyone else doing?
They are all doing ok. I think everyone is still so surprised...it was so unexpected. Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers! Love you too!
I KNOW SHE'S IN A BETTER PLACE, BUT I WILL MISS HER!!! (ALL CAPS ARE FOR YOU LEIGH!)
Post a Comment