Saturday, April 21, 2012

We all scream.

I would be lying of if I said we aren't a loud family. So the phrase "we all scream for ice cream" is about what happened last night. I had acquired a gift card for Cold Stone Creamery (Literally...we found it. Finders keepers right?) and Billy was working late.


There was lots of screaming, with or without the ice cream, so it seemed like a good time for it. When I was pregnant with Merrick I was on a first name basis with the local Cold Stone employees...and also did some screaming if there weren't enough Oreos in my Oreo Overload. Hey...hormones. Now I can't afford ice cream from this place AND pay my rent so it was a special trip. I wonder if Merrick felt at home on this trip back there?


It took them a lightyear to pick what kind of ice cream they wanted. When your 2 & 4 your ice cream flavors are selected based on color, not flavor. And there were A LOT of colors. They could have had vinegar-flavored blue ice cream and Merrick would have HAD to have it. Then we had to pick toppings. I think that was another light year.


It was all worth it thought once they were up to their elbows in melted sticky and having a blast. I sampled their selections to make sure I am educating them properly in the sweet tooth department. Not bad. I think they are on the right track. ;)

Check out more shots at Simple as That, and Sunday Snapshot.

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

I don't think we have a cold stone creamery in our town anymore. We have to settle for Bruster's.... I'm actually on their "on call" list for when they make chocolate oreo. I know, sad.

Unknown said...

So what is the blue? I have only been to this place once and I don't think we have one in our closest city here in NE. Looks fun though!