Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Big Mac

So we took the plunge. We finally joined the ranks of those who sing the praises of Apple computers. Our old laptop (not an Apple) was seriously struggling. It was making grinding noises, wouldn't turn back on when turned off, the screen/lid was loose, and it won't stay on unless perpetually plugged into the wall...which is fun when your 1yo likes to unplug things. I've been anti-apple just because Apple fans can be, for lack of any other way to put it, a tad bit over-enthusiastic about their computers. It's kind of scary. While I was sure they were good computers (and so far it seems to be) every time I tried to use one I was always flinging stuff into corners of the desktop, pushing the wrong button, losing things, etc. But we decided it was time to learn when most Mac owners said their computers were still going strong at 4+ years, some even said up to 7. I can deal with 7 years of not buying a new computer.


I also realize that this above shot has been done a hundred times before by many an apple operator, but the hooligans decided that it needed to go on the blog. So on the blog it went. I'd much prefer the big-girl camera shots like the one from the last post featured below, but we all know who runs things around here. ;)


I'm still figuring all this out, and still thanking uncle Sam, and a sweet little gift called a "child tax credit", for this opportunity. Here's to many more Mac-produced blogs in the future. ;)

No comments: