I looooove Valentines Day. LOVE it. This is weird for several reasons...I hate stuff that's cheesy, and Valentines is the cheesiest. I don't like when things don't match, and Valentines is the unmatchiest. (I mean: pink and red? We all know those are not supposed to go together. Matchiest: the first of words I felt needed to be made up for this blog.) I don't particularly like awkward displays of emotion (unless it's of the competitive sort, then by all means scream/cry/hug) and Valentines is the lovey-doviest. It makes no sense, but maybe that suits me about right.
I even went so far as to dress the three kids in all red for church yesterday. (I typically wear anything but green on St. Patty's day, just because I can, if this tells you anything about my oddly undying love for this holiday.) They looked pretty cute if I do say so myself...but trying to take a picture of them was not cute. It was the ugliest. We tried at two different times today and someone always looked mad, emotionally disturbed and/or constipated, or was running out of the picture. I probably wouldn't try that again for all the chocolates in the Valentines section of Target. And goodness knows how I love those.
So as we get closer to the big day, I'll be overdosing on cheesy and colors that are the clashiest and awkward displays of emotion (ok probably not that last one), and hopefully hiding at least some of the chocolate from the most uncooperative photo subjects in the history of Valentines Day.



1 comment:
Oh my goodness...you made me laugh all through this post! Despite your struggles, you managed to capture a few awesome pics - love that first one; just adorable! I enjoy Valentine's Day also, though every year I wish I had done more for the kids...more fun stuff, more goodies. I always have these great plans, but February is a busy month and somehow we never get to them. Hope you have a very happy Valentine's Day!!
Post a Comment