Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring and Growing Things

Don't have a lot to say...we are too busy playing outside. (And keeping an eye on the weather since they are calling for another 'winter storm' early next week.) We are soaking up all the sun we can, and hoping maybe this time it sticks around. I am personally just enjoying every day where I can clean dirt off kiddos at the end of the day, instead of cleaning up toys out of every room in the house.
I had visions of a "first day of Spring" photo shoot. I went outside to see about rounding up the kiddos and really didn't get very far. They were entirely too busy. Some of them playing soccer, some of them scowling at me and not saying "cheese"...one flower child, however, always loves to let me take pictures of what she's found. I ended up being content to just watch them play though...squinting in the warm sunshine, yelling to each other, brushing dirt off hands and growing up and away every second even though I'd love to keep them close and little.


Spring is such a fresh time. It inspires me all over again to keep up my list of 1000 gifts I've been working on through the beginning of this year. It's been tough, through a lot of ups and downs already this year (and my admitted emotional-ness throughout this pregnancy; it's been a tough one for obvious reasons...full of stress and worry, joy and sadness, fear and hope...the whole gamut) to keep going with this list, to keep remembering to be thankful. Some days I'm not. Some days I don't even want to be. But then I see...the angry-sad-scared-tired melts away a little bit and I'm made aware of so many little things, big things, growing things (in my soul, my belly, and my yard) that point me back to His grace. So often it takes a long Winter to help you see whats really growing.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Your comment about some days not wanting to be really hit home. Winter is hard for me and I'm not even pregnant. If I could turn off the depression and anger and anxiety I so would. Some days it feels like there is nothing that will drag me out of the dark hole I have dug myself in.
I am so thankful for spring, for the light, for the warmth, and for the promise of new life. In more ways then one.

Unknown said...

Even though its hard sometimes, you can always find something to be grateful for. I hope you are still getting sunshine your way. Its already hot here in AZ. Yikes.. Time to move...

Hugs~