This weekend, though, we had a local 10k that we had signed up for. LOVE this race...it's one of the largest 10k's in the country, and always well put on and loads of fun. This is the first time I have done it pregnant, however. Lots of people do this race in costume, so I'm happy to say I wasn't the only whale (or horse, cow, chicken, sheep, bunny, pirate ship, etc) running the race. ;) Hehe. I was the only person in a pregnant "costume" that I saw, however. And I even passed a circus tent. But did barely get outrun by a horse and a banana...or two. You can always count on seeing a banana at this race, and not the ones they hand out at the finish line.
This year I got to run with my Sistatwin. :) The first year I did this race I ran with another sister. If I keep it up maybe I'll eventually get all of them to participate. Ahem...Anna and Ali, you're up. Abby is always up for a good race, and she did awesome! This was her first 10k, and she didn't stop once except when we got a quick drink of water at about halfway through. Great job, sistatwin! (Sidenote, we were picking up her race bib for her and I had printed off her driver's license. Billy walks in the house and wants to know why I've got a picture of my license sitting on the table. Yep. They are twins.)
Since we were kiddo-free for the weekend, Billy and I had a chance to eat anywhere WE wanted for once. (The kiddos don't like to eat anywhere that they have to wait to get their food unless it's Chuy's. For some reason it's ok to wait at Chuy's. I think because there are copious amounts of chips and lots of coloring to do.) Pizza seemed to hit the spot after a good race, and goodness knows you don't argue with a pregnant girl who's just run 6 miles.
As we are getting close to the third trimester, (can't believe that! only about 2.5 more weeks!) I'm trying to enjoy all the freedom I can before we are back in the "baby stupor". I mean, not like a girl with 3 kids has freedom per say, but anyone who has ever dealt with a baby knows it's a whole different level of tied down and exhausted. I'm completely looking forward to it and can't wait, but also know it's going to be even more tough than the other times since we have a terrorist on the loose as well. Speaking of terrorist and races and all that...I'm going to attempt to start potty training Jericho tomorrow and will be doing lots of racing to the bathroom. So look for that interesting blog post coming up. ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment