Thursday, April 17, 2014

Bowling and Briars

So as you may have read, we are enjoying some Spring Break this week around these parts. It's been so much fun...just taking some time to spend intentional time with the kiddos and do a different fun thing every day. (I'm trying to make sure I do a different free or extremely cheap thing every day, I should say. So far so good on that. We went bowling yesterday and it cost us exactly $3.25. Today we went geocaching, which was technically free, although I did buy an app for us to use in the future. But I figured I'd definitely be getting my money's worth out of that $10 app. I plan on sending Billy and the kids out into the woods...a lot. Hehe.)



We have been bowling once before, but it was probably two years ago and Jericho was much less of a terrorist. This time around all 3 kiddos got to bowl. It was a lot of fun for the older two, and Jericho lasted about one and quarter games before he lost it. Ok, to be honest he had lost it before we got in the door, but he lost interest in bowling. He entertained himself between turns by stealing balls from other lanes (literally...he stole a ball from the lane next to us and ran with it), trying to run down the gutters, climb into the ball return, etc. Ironically, he was also the only one of the three kids who got a strike. (And it wasn't a bouncing off the bumpers strike...it was legit. I guess being a 40 pound 2 year old has it's perks.)


Yesterday we went geocaching. We had been once before with some good friends from church, but this was the first time we attempted it on our own. (Thanks for the intro, Kirsten!) I think this is definitely an activity we will do more of in the future. The kiddos got pretty good at spotting the boxes, and Jericho got really good at falling into briars. It was fun to let them wander around and run and play, and find a few "buried treasures" along the way. It was a great activity for my little hoarders...they absolutely love collecting random junk and definitely have plenty to trade. We came home with things I'm sure I will want to throw away in about 3 minutes. We also came home exhausted and filthy...which is the best way to end a day outside with kiddos if you ask me.

I think today we might stick to a plain old playground. I have creative activity exhaustion today, as well as a chiropractors appointment that I will have to take all the kids to with me, so I think that will be enough exciting activity for the day. Tomorrow we are off to an egg hunt where I'm sure we will end up with enough candy to make up for all the walking I've done the last few days.

No comments: