Billy and I have been having a great time getting the "nursery" ready for Amaryllis. I say "nursery" because it's really a little walk through on the way to our room, but how much space will one little lady need? I think it'll be just perfect. Currently JHawk is residing in there, since he's still in a crib. (He realized how to get out the other day, but hasn't done it again since. I'm hoping he has short term memory loss and it won't happen again until I can get his room ready for him. He will be in his own room, and it's all set up for him, but I HAVE to figure out a way to keep him in his room. He has snuck out of the house before, so I want to be sure this can't happen before I move him. The room he is currently in he'd have to go through my room to get out, because the door from the hall sticks and only Billy and I can open it.)
There have been several big projects we've worked on for the nursery. The first was an old window frame (I love these!) that we found out in the shed at the new place (and our landlord said help yourself). We painted it and cleaned it up and put her initials on it. I plan on putting pictures of her on it as well when she's born. Cannot wait to see her sweet face!
We've had this older dresser for some time now, and it kind of was a junk collector. I knew we'd need it eventually for someone, so I didn't sell it like I do with most things I think I don't need. ;) We painted it, put on some new handles since it was missing several, and it's all ready to be filled up with little tiny ruffly girly stuff. In case you haven't already noticed, we are doing her nursery in pink, gold and mint green. Kind of a random color scheme, but I liked all three so why not?
We also had all the kiddos "songs" framed (they've each had a song we played for them in-utero...usually it was just a popular song we liked while I was pregnant, but for Amaryllis, as you know, there is actually a song we named her from). I found some really cheap frames I repainted with some gold spray paint.
The other day we picked up a cute sheet for her crib (a friend gave us their old one, which is in better shape than the one we have...Jericho is hard on a crib) that matches the colors in the nursery perfectly, and got a curtain for the window. I have a few other little things I'm on the hunt for to finish it all up, but am really excited and can't wait for her to be sleeping in here...hurry up July! We have an important person to meet.



1 comment:
I LOVE the song frames!! And the colors!
I can't believe he snuck out before!
Post a Comment