Monday, July 7, 2014

Fire and Water

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! I was secretly, or not so secretly, hoping a certain baby would make use of Billy's 3 day weekend. That was not the case. I was telling Billy yesterday the end of pregnancy is so hard, obviously physically, but also emotionally. You feel stuck...waiting for something you know will put the brakes on the normal everyday routine, but at the same time you can't just sit around, especially with 3 other kids. I hate to get too involved in anything when I'm literally walking around like a time bomb for reasons I will spare you the details, and sometimes I just don't even feel like putting on real clothes. But staying in the house waiting to go into labor is probably worse than labor itself. Hence the "stuck". So I'm just trying to keep up our usual routine, mostly to distract myself, and hope it gets interrupted any minute.
So, we spent a lot of time at my parents' "farm" this weekend. It was my niece's 1st birthday as well as 4th of July. Another sister also returned from a 3 week long trip to Alaska to visit her husbands family. We went swimming yesterday and just kind of relaxed. Just trying to enjoy the last few days (weeks? but please no) of just me and the 3 big kiddos...no diapers or round the clock feedings or never really getting any sleep quite yet. Although Jericho does eat a lot...at least he sleeps all night. Mostly.
Speaking of Jericho, he wasn't so much a fan of the "holiday" part of the weekend. Fireworks, we learned, are not his thing. I think he was convinced that his PawPaw was setting the world on fire from the backyard. So he spent the evening inside asleep on Mamoo. Poor big guy. He's much better with the pool. 
So, speaking of routines, I'm off the clean the daily milk spill on aisle 5. I guess when you have 3 kids it's inevitable that someone spilling something is going to be part of the routine for a long time.



No comments: