Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Just Stop

It seems like Merrick gets a little bigger every day. The other weekend while he was staying at Billy's parents we got a text with a picture of his new big tooth coming in. It's so big. Kind of like his feet which are huge. (He's really a small guy...but his feet look like a teenagers feet and it freaks me out because they make me think of when he will actually BE a teenager and won't kiss me with his sticky face anymore or want to snuggle in my bed in the mornings or want me to sing to him at night or...ok ok need to calm down.)

Anyway, this week he has been going to a day camp near our house. But it's still entirely too far away. He loves it of course, but he always looks so...little...when we drop him off. My not so little baby being all independent and stuff. At least he still lets me kiss him when I leave. (And came home the other day with this blue sticky mouth wanting a big kiss.)

I think how sweet and thoughtful this guy is makes him growing up even harder. Life is tough, and I don't want him to ever let it take away that big eyed sweetness of his. I love the guy he's growing up to be...I just wish he wouldn't do it so fast.

No comments: