I haven't ever actually let the kids have a snow day. (I know, I know. So mean.) I just didnt see the point when we were stuck in the house anyway...might as well save the days off for warm weather that I actually want to spend outside. This time, however, I broke down. ;) We ended up spending the day sledding at a nearby park with some of our good friends from church. The kids had a blast...and I even went out in the snow. You guys should be so proud.
They spent hours going down the hills at the park. They also ended up in briar patches, ran into trees, they ran into each other, ate snow, and generally had a blast. I don't think they missed school one bit. (Neither did I, to be real. Even moms need snow days I guess.) They were highly upset with me when it was back to normal today. But they were sure to finish their school as fast as possible so they could spend more hours out in the backyard.
I'm amazed at how they can stand the cold for that long, but typically when they are in the house they are fighting like cats and dogs over sitting by the space heater. I think they are a little tougher than they let on, maybe.
There is still a load of snow in the yard, and we are going to have lows of 7 degrees, -4 degrees (what the world) and another 7 degrees. So I'm thinking it's not going anywhere. There will be lots of after school sledding happening this week. I'm also hoping this means that we will have an extra warm spring and summer. I mean, to keep things fair and all.









1 comment:
aw man, that sounds like loads of fun! I wish we had gotten snow instead of ice!
Post a Comment