Typically the hooligans all get new outfits on Easter. I feel kind of cliche doing that, but hey, they love it. And they always looks so darn cute it's hard to resist. We usually line them up on the way to church, trying to take pictures even though we are already late. Everyone freaking out and not looking at the camera and me being afraid someone is going to fall into the dirt or something. It's a very religious experience. ;)
I decided, since it's Fancy Pants's first Easter, and since there are ironically not nearly as many pictures of her as some of the earlier born hooligans, that she was going to have her own little photo shoot in her Easter dress. (This also saves me time, and the risk of losing my religion on Easter morning when I'm trying to take pictures of an uncooperative baby.) I've also decided I'm going to get all the hooligans dressed up for a trial run so that we avoid that whole shenanigans completely, but that's another day.
Once I started taking pictures, I realized that she's pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. I was aware she was pretty stinking cute...but good grief. As Billy likes to say, "kill me dead". I'm afraid she will probably use this to her advantage once she realizes it. So don't tell her I said anything. (Kind of like her brother Jericho before her. I've thought all my babies were adorable, duh, but his big brown eyes just won me over...and he bats them at me frequently and gets away with way more than he should.)
Its fun, as she nears her 9 month birthday, to see her personality starting to show. She is amazingly happy, and entertains herself most of the time. But there is some sass in there...we all know she's fancy. She makes faces at her siblings, she will yell at them if they bother her, she's been known to yank Tirzah by the hair if she wont get out of her face, etc. I try not to laugh, cuz they usually have it coming. (She was making faces at Tirzah in the picture below.)
When you're the baby in a family like this, you do what you gotta do. And I'm gonna do my best to not let her get away with too much trouble making. But YOU try to say no to this face:





2 comments:
She would be really hard to say NO to. Such a cutie.
nope, I'd be a sucker for those big brown eyes of hers, too! And we don't even attend church regularly and my kids still get nice new church clothes for Easter. Then whenever we *do* make it to a church, they wear it all Spring and Summer :)
Post a Comment