Merrick had his first baseball game the other night. (We went straight from basketball to baseball...but he is equally enthusiastic about almost anything he is doing.) He told me after his game that this was "the best day of his life". Seems a bit over the top if you don't know Merrick. What was I saying about enthusiasm? He uses that phrase frequently...whenever he has fun it's "the best day of his life". I love that about him.
I only have this one picture of him playing, but I can't get over 1) how big he is, 2) how little he looks in that uniform. I'm sure that makes no sense, but it somehow makes sense in my mind. His hand is still small for the smallest glove we could find, and the same goes for the pants. Oh, and speaking of gloves...when I asked him what position he was going to play he told me, "I'm going to play both batter and glover." As for the batter part, he did get a good hit! Glover might need some work, since he wasn't typically even facing the right direction on the field. ;) But he sure had fun doing it.
1 comment:
My kids have played soccer, basketball, and baseball. baseball is my favorite, hands down!
Post a Comment