It's kind of become a tradition for me to take the kids to Maymont park every Spring and take some pictures of them. It's always an adventure, for sure. There are multiple fountains to fall in, bees to run from, flowers to pick that you aren't supposed to pick, etc.
This was Fancy Pants's first year at the park. Last year she was still in the belly, and much easier to control. She decided after a few pics that she didn't like the tulips very much, so the pictures of her were fewer than I had envisioned.
Jericho is THE child that gives me grief while taking pictures. He typically won't smile, or just likes to irritate the other subjects in the picture. Here you can see he's attempting to irritate Amaryllis, who thankfully isn't paying any attention to him.
Probably because she was eyeballing those tulips and was afraid I was going to put her in them again.
What was I saying about Jericho? That's how his face looks about 75% of the day. He was literally born making that face. I have pictures.
Despite his best efforts, I did get some of him smiling with the help of my sister and brother in law, who were doing who knows what to get his attention behind me. (Usually that's Billy's job, he's pretty good about making a fool of himself for the sake of the shot. I'm eternally grateful.) It's bittersweet to look at these shots, and be forced to acknowledge just how much they've grown this last year. But they are pretty cute, so I can't really look away.








1 comment:
I think they turned out wonderful!!
Post a Comment