Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! We spent ours doing the usual road-warrior thing back and forth for church activities...so we celebrated on Friday. It was kind of nice to beat the rush. We went out for a lunch date, piddled around the mall, and exchanged our gifts Friday while my mom watched the kids for us.

Since Grandma kept the kids, it was nice to go somewhere to eat that wasn't required to have chicken nuggets on the menu. ;) We tried out a Thai restaurant around where we live and really enjoyed it.

I had gotten Billy a t-shirt he had been wanting, and a funny card. Nothing too fancy, but we usually don't go overboard on Valentine's day...especially since his birthday is exactly a week following. He got me the traditional box of chocolates, which we practically demolished before we even left the house for lunch. :) And surprised me with this really pretty coffee mug from Starbucks.

I was never much of a coffee drinker until after Tirzah was born, and now I've really gotten to where I love it...so the mug was a sweet idea that I wasn't expecting. I also wasn't expecting this:

It's not here yet, because they're so cute that they're back ordered. But he ordered me this really cute camera back that I've been sneaking peeks at online. One of those things that I really wanted, but kept thinking how many packs of diapers I could get for that kind of money. I would have probably never bought it myself, and not let him buy it either had I known. He knows me well enough to know that, so he just didn't ask. :)

It was fun being surprised...I'm usually bad about weaseling what my gifts are out of him before I get them, and we both are awful about opening Christmas/birthday presents early. We're kind of like kids...so who knows what's going to happen when the
real kids around here are old enough to understand presents. We'll be having Christmas in October. He's gonna get paid back with the sneaky-ness on his birthday though. I've been plotting, along with several accomplices. Look out, Billy. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment