Thursday, February 25, 2010

Use What You Got

It's towards the end of the day now...close to the time when the kids are finally quiet and in the bed. I love their loud noises, and them, so much, but I also need my quiet time to myself like any mom, or probably any human, can understand.Sometimes I tell Billy I feel like I don't have any room in my own head, for all the understandable noise going on when you have 2 young kids. I can't think without a thought being very effectively interrupted by a squeal or a "mommy!". *I've lost count of how many times I've stopped/started writing this post in the last 30 minutes.* I love that these too-cute-for-their-own-good hooligans are here to interrupt me, but also looove having some time to think and just let my thoughts run.I kind of start to get crazy without some wind down time. I'm thankful that my husband gets it, maybe for self-preservation reasons ;), and is always making sure I get some of that time at the end of one of our usually chaotic and busy days.I'm beginning to notice that, even though sometimes I still feel guilty about it, it's important to take care of me...so I can take care of my family. Not to the point of being lazy, or neglecting them, or being rude, but just making sure that I don't let myself believe the lie that I have to do it all...all the time. The toys don't have to be picked up, and Merrick won't shrivel up if he eats string cheese and a corn dog for dinner instead of something from scratch.

I can't give to them, if I don't have anything to give. If I haven't spend the time I need being quiet and still before God and apart from this world I won't have anything from which to draw what they will definitely ask of me. I'm their mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, whatever...and they need me. So I need to take care of the resource God will use to serve them: myself. Like I said, not selfishly, but wisely. In a sense...I guess I gotta do a little more looking out for "number 1" because they deserve to get the best I've got. ;)

This week at You Capture the theme was *Shapes*...and while mine may be a little hard to find in these pictures they are there somewhere. ;) Check out You Capture for more great photos and blogs!
Photobucket

No comments: