Speaking of fun...last week was my birthday. I'm not one of those girls who "doesn't have birthdays" and is forever 28. Maybe I'm not old enough for that yet. *This year
was 28 actually...wow. Wasn't I just 18? Like...Tuesday?* Or maybe I'd just rather tack on an extra number if it means I get showered with love and cake. And presents.

And like I said...the two kiddos pictures above give me
lots of attention. So much so that, as you can tell from the above shot, they don't even let me go to the bathroom alone. *FYI...I staged this shot. I do
not carry my camera into the bathroom with me. Sometimes.*

No really...I am blessed with sweet *although slightly high-strung* kiddos, and a thoughtful hubby who always makes sure I wake up to a present. He put a card and the above shirt and necklace on the nightstand so they were the first thing I saw after the "where am I and who is that screaming mommy* stupor cleared.

My mom also fixed dinner for
me, for a change. Bless her heart the woman really hates to cook...so usually I end up fixing dinner when we eat over there. But I got the night off, and even sneaked outside to get photographic evidence that I didn't fix dinner.

Oh...and did I mention that I
finally praise the Lord got that 50mm that I've been dying and salivating over? Stalking it like a ninja, actually. I have wanted a 50mm since I started getting serious about photography, and now thanks to the 'rents I got one. :) I'm their favorite. Kidding, but I'm so in love. The
bokeh makes my heart go pitter patter.

And not just in love with my lens...I do love this guy, too. He always goes out of his way to make my birthday special. He even changed his work schedule so he could come home early and make sure the kids didn't kill me on my birthday. It was a fabulous day...and I miss it. And the cake and presents, too. But don't worry...I'll be gladly turning 29 next June 3rd. ;)
These weeks YouCapture theme was "fun". Check out the link for more great stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment