This year was the big 0-5. Five years ago, on June 11th, we got hitched. *I looked it up, and 5th anniversary gifts are supposed to be wood. That sounds kind of lame to me. Who decided these things?) It seems like we've been married
way longer than that. I mean that in the best way, of course. I guess what I mean is I can't imagine not being married to this guy. (Each of these photos are from around our anniversary that year...)

We knew we wanted to get married since he was literally 14, and a stalker. Not kidding, he totally stalked me. I was the sophisticated, hard to get older woman of 17. Ok...I was just older. But he still stalked me. I just didn't play hard to get very well. Much to my mother's dismay. She finally has stopped saying "he's too young for you" now that we have 2 kids. ;)

We've gotten to know each other pretty well in these last 5 years...10 years if you count all the time we knew we were meant for each other. I knew he was the one for me when he not only didn't care that I put my ice cream in the microwave before I ate it, but he joined me and put his in too.

We've gone through a lot together, a move or two, a kid or two, a fight or two, ahem,
thousand...but it's still
just us two. He's the person I first want to tell something, the person I can't sleep without, the person who makes me the maddest and happiest in the entire world.

There is so much in him I admire...and it doesn't hurt that he thinks I look great in sweatpants and no make-up. We have a lot to learn...we see that every day. But we also know how good we have it with each other. I think we'll stick it out. Plus I really want to get to next year's anniversary. I hear the sixth anniversary is "candy". ;) That's much better than wood.
Looking at all or nothing babe it's you and I, With you I know that I'm good for something So let's go and give it a try. We've got our backs against the ocean, It's just us against the world. Looking at all or nothing, babe it's you and I.
// All or Nothing, Theory of a Deadman
No comments:
Post a Comment