I love funny movies. I mostly love quoting funny movies. It's an odd (read annoying) habit that all 6 kids in my family have. We quote movies at each other and then laugh at ourselves. It's really probably not that funny to people around us who are wondering why we are saying things that make no sense.

So this past week, when Billy gave me my anniversary present, the opportunity to quote presented itself. He brought me out on the porch to show me the hydrangea *featured in these pictures* he had bought me...to which I squealed "our love fern!" *100 points if you know (no googling, cheaters) what movie that is from. Don't know what you will use the points for...but that's your problem. ;)*

My hubby is a patient guy. Always asking "what's that quote from" when I say something that makes no sense, and makes me laugh at myself. Sometimes it's not even a quote, I just don't make any sense...but it's diplomatic of him to blame it on quotes. He is actually getting pretty good at knowing what movie I'm quoting at the moment. He's even managed the pick up the habit and start throwing out the quotes himself.

One of the family favorites to quote is Robin Hood, the Disney cartoon of course. "Oo-da-lally" pretty much applies to everything. And a few other favorites are Nacho Libre and Just Married. And don't forget classics like Oklahoma the musical or new favorites like Pirates of the Caribbean,
yes all three of them.

It probably really does drive people crazy, and maybe we should consider growing up a little. But I lost all hope for growing up when I got so excited that Merrick quoted Nacho Libre that I tweeted about it. It was one of my proudest moments. *Kidding...sort of.* Speaking of quotes, he looked at me today and said "Mommy, I'm funny." If
that doesn't mean he gets his sense of humor from his mother then I don't know what does. Cracking ourselves up seems to run in the family. But I guess it's better than not cracking up at all. ;)

This week's theme at YouCapture was "Get down Low". Check out the link for more great shots and blogs!

No comments:
Post a Comment